Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Overcoming the Stall


It's been a while between posts, but current research on gender, marriage, and a recent report titled The White House Project: Benchmarking Women's Leadership jump started my thinking about all this again and inspired me to submit a presentation proposal to The Chair Academy in Minneapolis, MN March 15-18, 2009.

If you read the The White House Project research and PEW research you will find:

1.Women's leadership research indicating a stall for women leaders in all sectors of the workforce (The White House Project, 2009),
2. Research that indicating women are surpassing men in earnings (PEW, 2010),
3. Gender and leadership research indicating that both men and women make good leaders (PEW 2009).

So, voila paradox. The good thing about paradox is that it gets the brain all fired up and energized (at least it does my brain) and so while the blog stalled for awhile (13 months) I am back at it and through the required paper that is a part of the conference I sort of met a goal posted in 2008.

Any writing that helps the thinking process is good and maybe with the push the conference proceedings and the recent research provides I will get back on track with the paper and webinar thing. Maybe the blog thing too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.