- 35% online teen girls blog while only 20% of the boys blog.
- 54% of girls post photos compared to 40% of boys, but more boys than girls put videos online.
- 28% of online teenagers have blogs compared to 19% in Pew's 2004 data.
- 27% of teenagers have their own web pages.
- 66% of teens protect personal information online.
- 70% of teens use cell phones daily and cells phones are primary communication sources for 63% of them.
Depending on their point of view, K-12 and Higher Education faculty may find the Pew report that 2/3 of online teen are content creators exciting or disturbing news. In any event, look out here they come!